International Water Safety Day
Ten Water Safety Rules
1. Buddy Up – make sure you never swim
2. Know your limits – do not try to swim further than you are able to, or hold your breath
3. Swim in safe areas – only swim when a life guard is on duty
4. Life Jackets – wear a life jacket if you cannot swim and while on a boat
5. Cold and Ice are not nice – do not enter cold water and stay off ice
6. Reach or throw don’t go – to assist someone in trouble reach to them with a pole, broom or stick, you can also throw something such as a cooler or ball
7. Follow the rules – when swimming follow posted rules and warning flags
8. Never ever in bad weather – do not swim during storms
9. Feet first – never dive into shallow or unknown water
10. Learn to Swim!
*30,000 people drown every month
*Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of accidental injury death worldwide
Click HERE for more information.